Despite now being accepted as an essential function in most businesses, there is still a level of misunderstanding about what a Data Scientist really does. Hearing models being described as magic can feel like a compliment, but it can actually highlight a lack of knowledge about what is going on under the hood and the work required to build such products. This can lead to problems such as unrealistic expectations from other departments or for requests for required tooling and headcount to be dismissed by senior leaders.
In this talk, we’ll explore various ways to tackle this whatever your seniority level, covering topics such as:
– How to collaborate better with other teams in your company
– How to explain what you do with the right level of detail
– How to make sure you’re included in the right projects
– How to promote Data Science and share your successes
– How to work more effectively with senior stakeholders
Technical level: Non-technical/soft skills